Sunday, August 24, 2014

Bru Joy Manual Can Opener Review

Bru Joy sent me their manual stainless steal can opener to try for review (along with two other products I will be reviewing soon) and I am so glad they did.

About this can opener (According to their Amazon listing)
*** Requires Minimal Efforts*** Thanks to its ultra-sharp cutting disc blades, ergonomic handles and extra-large turning knob, you will open any cans like a piece of cake, even if you have arthritis or weak hand strength! 
***Saves You Time*** Opening cans in seconds, Bru Joy Can Opener is extremely simple to use and easy to clean – just rinse the cutting discs in running water then put the opener in dishwasher! 
***Saves You Money*** Made of unbreakable, heavy duty stainless steel from head to toe, Bru Joy can opener will never break and is the only can opener you ever need to buy. 
*** Protects You*** Ultra-precise cutting drive leaves a smooth edge which means the opened can will not hurt you! 
Features: 
1) Made of top quality 18/10 stainless steel – heavy duty and will not break – even suitable for commercial/restaurant use 
2) Ultra-sharp cutting disc blades – it requires minimum grip strength – leaves smooth edge for extra safety 
3) Sleekly packed in a gift box, this gorgeous deluxe stainless steel can opener serves a perfect wedding/bridal shower/birthday gift!

How I tested it
I opened cans with it, duh! OK, OK Just kidding!
I used this can opener in place of my then-current can opener for all my can opening needs. I opened cans that were small like tuna, medium sized cans like soups and large cans like spaghetti sauce. I also opened cans that were new and some that were older and a bit more worn, dented or rusty.

My thoughts
This seriously is the EASIEST use can opener I have ever used. Seriously. My almost 4 year old can (and did) open a can with it (I am very bummed I missed getting it on video). It takes less effort than normal to clamp down onto the can and start the opening process and it takes NO EFFORT to turn the handle. The handle is made of black strudy plastic and it is wide and shaped just right for your hand so you don't have to worry about your hand slipping or getting hurt or tired from turning. I have early onset mild arthritis in my wrists so an easy to use can opener is really important to me. This can opener from Bru Joy definitely made the cut and I am so thankful they sent me this to try.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment