Saturday, October 4, 2014

Ice Pop Mold Maker Review

My daughter is a Popsicle fiend! Seriously, she wants Popsicle after Popsicle from the moment she wakes up until the time she finally closes her eyes at the end of the day. Aside from the fact that they lack all nutritional value, my biggest complaint is how messy they can be (and if there is a mess to be made, my daughter finds a way to make it--she is only 3 afterall).

While searching for an easy solution (I lack all creativity in every aspect of life), I stumbled upon a new company looking for bloggers to try their product and give honest reviews. That company is BeeSili and they offered me Silicone Ice Pop Mold Container to test on my Popsicle loving kiddo.

I used them in a sort of unconventional way (reminder: I am not crafty at all) by opening the flimsy plastic containers of ice pops and poring them into these ice pop molds. I did one set by pouring the unfrozen liquid Popsicle into the ice molds. They froze quickly and were super easy to push them up and break them into pieces because of the very flexible silicone that the molds are made of.

My other set was done after the popsicles were already frozen in the plastic sleeves that they came in. I just opened the plastic and smooshed the frozen popsicle into the mold. The kind of popsicles I had were not quiet the same size as the molds so I had to force the extra in the mold, or have leftover popsicle in the plastic still.

Some tips for use from BeeSili's amazon listing:

*6 ice pop molds stand up in a cup or glass for easy filling
*Each mold holds 3.3 oz or about 1/3 cup
*Leave 1" at top for expansion when frozen
*Run warm/hot water over sides of frozen pop to loosen for easy push up
*Fill pops: left over smoothie mix, juice, jello, yogurt, pudding, coconut, almond or chocolate milk with berries, left over baby food, leftover sauces & more!
*Adults Only: Margarita, pina colada, daiquiri mixes, jello shots & more!
*Pets: On the go, travel snack keeper for your pet's treats
*Keep snacks fresh: Nuts, seeds, dried fruit, granola, veggies, candy
*Travel: Snacks, vitamins, Q tips, cotton balls, gum, mints

My favorite part of this product has nothing to do with this product, but the company behind it. These silicone products were created to fund a project that benefits soldiers with PTSD. More information can be found here: www.brainbodybalance.com I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment