Monday, September 15, 2014

iArrow Sports Armband for iPhone

My latest product we have tried in our house was the iArrow Sports Armband for iPhone 5 series found here.

I was very excited to see that armband came with a screen protector and a black hard case to use with the armband itself. 

Installation
My husband and I have iPhone 5c's and despite us both trying a couple times, we could not get our phones to fit and stay in the provided black hard case. I think the iPhone 5/5S would fit more easily because it does not have the rounded design of the 5c, but I don't have access to a phone like that try. 
Despite not fitting in the included case, the screen protector fit on iPhone 5c nicely and was easy to apply. I personally think a screen protector is a must-have for all iPhones so it was nice that this was included with the armband.
The holder for the phone (not the case I mentioned above) and the actual armband are two separate pieces. I wish they had sent assembly instructions, simply because I put them together backwards the first time. Once I realized how the armband strap had to adhere to itself, the way to thread it through the holder was pretty obvious and easy to do. 

Ease of use 
My husband took his phone out on a 2 mile run using this armband and his iPhone in just the holder (since the case did not fit) and said he had no issues. It didn't fall out, though it does not clip in firmly like it would if you had the case on it so it would likely dislodge and/damage your phone in a fall. 
His music did not skip or do anything unusual. His headphones stayed connected easily and his MapMyRun app preformed in the usual way.
*

Design/quality
I like the sleek matte black design of the iArrow armband. It is comfortable and lightweight but seems to be able to take some damage instead of your phone in case of a fall. 
The armband itself is a nice material that would not collect sweat and moisture so we haven't had any issues with it smelling or needing any more washing than usual (we haven't washed it in the week we have been using it). 
Adjustment is super easy--my 3 year old likes to wear it and can adjust the strap herself. But it's made of very stout Velcro that holds together well. 
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment