Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Quaker Oat 3-Minute Steel Cut Oatmeal - Blueberries & Cranberries

So I had heard of steel cut oatmeal for awhile because it is recommended to assist in upping your milk production while breastfeeding, but I had never tried it. 

I got the Cranberries and Blueberries steel cut oatmeal from Bzzagent to try in exchange for my review. 

Let me be honest, my expectations were low. It says on the package that you can't make it with milk, which is the only way I enjoy my regular oatmeal. But I trusted the package and added water before microwaving. 

Note: you have to change the power level on your microwave before cooking, as I have seen some people ignore that advance and not have good results. It is actually much easier than you expect.

You know what? It's great! The texture isn't much different that the oatmeal you are used to (despite looking way different) and the flavor, especially the berries, is wonderful! My 17 month old son and 4.5 year old daughter love it too! We are sold on the Steel Cut Quick 3-minute Oatmeal around my house! Thanks Quaker Oats!

No comments:

Post a Comment