Thursday, March 26, 2015

Found a Solution to my Cookware Issue

A constant struggle in our house is how my husband treats our cookware. Sounds silly, right? But if you saw the current state of pristine cookware that I brought with me when we moved in together, you might want to cry a bit too. I finally had to make two cabinets for pots and pans: one for him to use (his older stuff, things that weren't as easy to burn/ruin, and dishes I didn't care about) and one for everything else.

I believe his issue is that he cooks on super high heat for everything and lets the pan get to like 500 degrees before putting anything on it. I never goes well. Tons of grease all over the kitchen, burning of the pan and food instantly. It is really hard for me to watch. (BTW, if you ask him, what I call 'burnt' he considers cooked and I eat my food undercooked)

I have been on a mission to find a nice frying pan that he won't be able to ruin, but is that even possible? After trying like 3 or 4 different kinds--stainless steel, non stick, teflon, etc--I was about to give up.

Enter Ozeri, AKA my Savior! I found this on Amazon and I was excited about the green color alone, but I was not sure that even this amazing looking pan would be the answer to my problem, but one can hope right?

So what did I think after using it for a couple months now?

This pan and withstand anything! Remember I told you how my husband cooks and abuses cooking utensils? Well that hasn't changed at all. So this pan has really gotten a workout around here. Eggs, bacon, ground meat, mushrooms, peppers, onions--you name it and my husband and fried it on highest heat in this pan.

The non stick coating on the pan is still totally intact and I can't see any signs of wear or damage to this pan at all. I have other nonstick pans that you can see were the coating is coming off and bubbling in places, but not this one!

I love that the surface base of the pan has a texture to it, I think that is an extra added feature to assist in nonstick and I think it stops food from getting burnt and and staying on the base of the pan even more.

One of the other things that are significantly better on this pan over the many, many others I have tried is the handle. Its heat resistant silicone so its comfortable to grab and hold and never gets hot. That is one my biggest annoyances is when I can't pick up a pan because the whole handle is hot to the touch.

I love this pan! I am planning to get a couple more sizes and replacing every other piece of cookware in my home. I am very much looking forward to having just one set of pans again--you know like a normal person.

I received this product at a discount in exchange for my honest, unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment